Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

We are blind!

My come back inspired:
O Lord! Make me the instrument of peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is war, peace!!! .................................

(Mother Teresa)


We are not only forgetful but we are blind as well. When I sit back and try to remember many of my old days, I hardly remember much. If i remember, I sometimes realize that I was blind on many occasions. Sometimes, when I remember that others were around too, then I question myself, how can others be so blind as well. Life is too short and learning from small mistakes quickly is very important. If you don't mend your ways, you will be dragged into the mud.

My wife shared a news with me about American soldiers peeing on dead bodies of Taliban. My reaction was terrible. I could not believe that how disgusting soldiers can be when it comes to treating the dead bodies of enemy. I am sure this is the reaction of the hatred for Muslims in general and taliban in particular taught to them during their training. Even when Paroah was drowned into the sea, God chose his fate like that. Paroah was not the enemy of mankind only but he was the enemy of God. Even then, mercy in his killing was shown by Almighty.

I must say it is extremely painful to know such an act of american soldiers. Many people quote everything is okay in love and war. There are bundles of books inked with rules and laws to be followed. These have been ratified by all the civilized nations of the world. Yet they don't follow. Rules can either be followed or broken. This suggests that rules are only supposed to be followed by the weak and developing countries and broken by the strong/rich and developed countries.

What are the times of decline? The times of decline are simpler. These times are when one breaks the rules.
It is time of these so called civilized nations to fall apart.

We have many scholars who have told us the stories of success and failure. Why not we try to follow them and learn from them? Life is too short and we must mend our ways. Specially, the war stricken people should learn from their experience and its time to say good bye to all the wrongful things people have been doing. In all such countries the main problems are that of illiteracy, corruption, mis-management, ditching the own people, brain drain and so on. May Almighty Allah lead us on the right path and make our people realize their mistakes and come to terms with foreign powers.

The strength of such poor countries is their people and I do not know why these countries do not make the most of such a productive resource. I only hope that it is never too late to mend ways as life is too short.

Peace is the demand not from Taliban but from Americans, Europeans, British, Canadians and all the countries who are part and parcel of killing people in the name of war on terror.


1 comment:

  1. So you finally came back. I was missing your posts for a long time. I also remember those preacher ladies coming to our house and emphasized the importance of peace while accusing us (Islam) an instrument of hatred (somehow). I wonder how quickly this word of Terror is attached to our identity. Even the time when we were fighting for freedom in 1947, we were regarded as weak, illiterate or whatever but this new buzz word has led us to a new world. A lot has to come... it seems! This is just the beginning. And what name should be given to such brutal act? This is beyond terrorism! inhuman and needs a firm action against those involved.

    ReplyDelete