Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Glorifying the beauty of my Lord!

My routine is very unusual. Since very long, I do not follow a disciplined routine. My wake up time is messed up, my sleeping time is not fixed, my daily work agenda is highly flexible, yet to everyone's and to my own surprise, I follow some routine :). My routine comprises of tea in the morning before going to university, studying with couple of breaks including prayer, tea, and food/fruit breaks, some days teaching to third year students and back to home, having dinner, watching TV on my laptop and long (sometimes constructive) arguable discussions with (a) friend(s) on various issues concerning plights of peoples in Pakistan on a cup of Pakistani tea (Kheer patti/Dhoodh patti chae). 

By following such a (sounding uninteresting) time-flexible routine, I never gave a deep thought to admiring the beauty of my Lord. Paulo Coelho in his book Alchemist reports that 

I am going to put on a shirt I often wear and, for the first time, I am going to notice how it was made. I am going to imagine the hands that wove the cotton and the river where the fibers of the plant were born. I will understand that all those now invisible things are a part of history of my shirt.

Being inspired by the thought of noticing how a shirt was made, described by Paulo Coelho in his book, I try to look back and think of my routine. When I think about it again and again, my routine though sounds quite uninteresting but is actually not. No one can see the beauty of my Lord in it but I can see it for sure. How beautifully he wakes me up from slumber and my whole existence comes into existence. SubhanaAllah. I live again. SubhanaAllah. Should I say, human's life is like a pure random walk process. You do not know when what happens next. Predictability is zero. Wow! Time never stops, but yet Lord gives us time to spend. We have loads of things on the plate to be done. There is purpose in life again. Glorify the name of the Lord, admire the beauty of the Lord, and seek the shelter of the Lord. 

The purpose makes the routine look better to oneself. Vision starts shining and one sees a routine like a blossoming flower. It is promising. 

Tomorrow will be different. It will not be different that I am going to change my routine (though I might need to for some other reason), but it will be different because I will start looking at things I do from the time I wake up to time I fall prey to slumber differently. I will seek my Lord's beauty in everything. 

As Paulo Coelho says that when you want something, forces of nature will move in a way that you will achieve your goal. I call these forces of nature nothing but the will of Allah, my Lord: It is actually He who moves the things in your favor and yet we do not realize and recognize.

That is the beauty of my Lord! He is there! Need to see it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment