Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Two poems: One from Julia Carney and other from Louis I. Newman

I like one of the poems of Julia Abigail Fletcher Carney (commonly known as Julia Carney) very much. It has gone deep down my heart. I love this lady for such a beautiful poem. 


Julia Carney was an American Educator born on April 6, 1823 in Lancaster, Massachussets and died at the age of 85 years on November 1, 1908. She is very famous for her great poem 'Little Things' which gave her a fame in 1845.



I reproduce the lines here:

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty occean,
And the pleasant Land!

Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of Love,
Make our word an Eden,
Like the heaven above!

The other poem that I would like to share with you is of Louis I. Newman. He was a poet and scholar of Jewish ethics. He is famous for scholarly writings and poems. He says:


I sought to hear the Voice of God, 
And climbed the topmost steeple,
But God declared, Go down again,
I dwell among the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment