Pages

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Plan for learning languages!

Sometimes, I think that when we all humans are the descendants of Prophet Adam (May Peace Be Upon Him), then why on earth do we have to speak so many languages? Well, I know the reasons that people will present and I agree with them. But this has really made my life difficult. hehe.

I speak afew languages, can understand even more languages, and yet can write even more languages. Sindhi, Urdu, English are ones I can speak, write, and understand fluently. Arabic I can read and write. Since Persian uses same script as Arabic, so I assume I will be able to read and write (if someone dictates me) but would not understand / comprehend. Punjabi, I can read (though it is written with urdu alphabets), write, and understand but, ofcourse, not fully. Amazingly, Hindi is similar to urdu when you hear and I can speak and understand but can not write or read. I can not read/write because Hindi uses totally different script - Devanagri script. I wish I could recognize the letters. An Indian friend of mine tried to explain to me but unfortunately, I did not take much interest because of many reasons, specially, I did not have enough time and I thought when I can speak and understand, I guess I do not need to put efforts on a totally new script for reading. These days, one can write in roman, anyways.

I want to learn two more languages, which I can read, write, speak and understand as well. These languages are Arabic and Dutch. For Arabic, I know how to read, write but can't speak since I cant understand it. I can read and write it because my mother tongue (Sindhi) and Pakistan's National language (Urdu) use the Arabic script for writing.

I know a little bit of dutch since I have lived in the Netherlands for some time. But I really regret that I did not take the opportunity to learn this language. There are not many people in the world who speak dutch but still it is a language. I agree with the most people who think that Dutch is a difficult language to learn. Yet, I want to learn this language and I am learning it.

May be in next couple of weeks, I start blogging in dutch. (At least try simple, short sentences in Dutch explaining my everyday activities).

Arabic!!! I have many Arabs around me, so I am thinking that I should also take a course or some lessons from some university/institute/tutor to learn Arabic as it is the most rich language on earth. I would start learning this language soon. I will inform you about that soon.

Bye for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment